Fruit cocktail cake
1 ½ c. sugar
2 (16 oz) cans of fruit cocktail with juice
2 ¼ c. flower
1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
2. add eggs and sugar together
3. add the rest of the ingredients ( I mix it up all the ingredients with just the juice from the fruit cocktail…holding the fruit back last so it doesn’t just get squished)
4. DO NOT MASH THE CHUNKS OF FRUIT! They are a delicious surprise later!
5. Put in a greeced (15×10) pan
6. sprinkle top with coconut and chopped walnuts
7. place in preheated oven for 25 minutes
8. *If you just realized that you used a 39ox can of fruit cocktail…don’t panic…just bake 10-15 minutes longer…when the cake stops jiggling. It should be ok. Might be a little soupier and browner then the correct amount of fruit cocktail. It will still be delicious)
9. When it’s done it will have to be cooled for an hour… While it cools make the glaze for the top.
½ teaspoon vanilla
¾ c. sugar
½ c. butter
¼ c. evaporated milk
½ c. chopped walnuts
1. put ingredients all ingredients except the nuts into a pan. (Vanilla, sugar, butter, evaporated milk)
2. bring to boil and boil for 1 minute
3. put nuts in pan after it’s done boiling
4. pour nutty glaze over the warm cake
5. let it soak in and cool
6. best served cool. Refrigerate uneaten portions
This can be made without coconut and nuts (It’s ok, but not as Yummy)
This should take 40 minutes to make, and an extra hour after to cool in the fridge. 🙂 So happy baking!!